get involved with your community centre
Community Story Collectors
As part of our 'How Did We Get Here' story collecting project we're hiring interns from Lockleaze to go into their communities and collect people's stories. We'll give you all the training you need and we highly encourage interest from unrepresented groups of people.
You can view the job specification here.
We're looking for a treasurer to join our board of Trustees. With various big projects on the horizon it's an exciting time to join the Trust and give back to the community of Lockleaze.
This is a voluntary position with a time commitment of at least 1 hour a month. You can view the full information here.
Volunteering with us is a great way to meet new people, gain new skills and help your community.
Our current volunteering opportunities are:
- Helping with a lunch club that takes place during school holidays to prepare and serve food
- Supporting our lively and friendly Short Mat Bowls group with set up and some basic admin
- Being part of a conversation club with people who's first language isn't English
- Taking responsibility as a key holder to open and close for events outside of The Hub's office hours, usually evenings and weekends
- Being part of our brand new events committee to put on a programme of events for the community supported by The Hub
Did you know you can collect sponsorship to raise money for Lockleaze Neighbourhood Trust? You can find us on Localgiving, set up your fundraising page and choose us to raise money for! Do something amazing and give back to your community.
We also run various campaigns through Localgiving, such as the fundraiser for Stuart's Bench where we successfully raised over £700 to install a memorial bench for local legend Stuart Lilley.